Promoting sailing and social activities for all the family.
ANNEX A TO PLYM YACHT CLUB BYE-
CLUB YOUTH SAILING POLICY
1) Plym Yacht Club offers sailing experience to the Cadet/Youth members of the Club at certain prescribed times, namely most Tuesday evenings during the summer and occasional weekends. Cadet sailing will take place under the arrangements given in the ‘PLYM YACHT CLUB YOUTH SAILING MANUAL.’
2) Cadets MUST BE in the care of a parent or nominated adult.
3) Cadets must be suitably attired and MUST wear a lifejacket or buoyancy aid when on or near the water.
4) Cadets should have some swimming experience.
5) During Club sailing sessions, cadets MUST comply with the instructions given by the Club representative. The Club representative’s decision whether sailing should start and/or continue is final.
Yacht racing will be offered in accordance with the Club Programme, the Notices of Race, Sailing Instructions and the ‘PLYM YACHT CLUB YACHT RACING MANUAL’
1) The Club safety boats will be managed by the Club Bosun, who will arrange for their upkeep, maintenance and manning. All requests for their loan or hire, whether within or outside the Club will be co-
2) Safety boats will be in attendance during the Club dinghy sailing sessions. When Plym Yacht Club dinghy races start in Plymouth Sound, safety boats will leave at pre-
3) Parents' attention is drawn to the fact that safety boat cover is NOT provided outside these designated times. Parents may be expected to act safety boat crew(s) under the supervision of a safety boat qualified skipper in cases where sufficient cover cannot be provided by the normal group of volunteers. Sailing will not commence until an adequate number of properly equipped and crewed safety boats have been launched and are on station.
4) In the interests of safety, no more than 10 (ten) people, including crew and coxswain, are permitted on 'Outward Bound' at anyone time.
5) Cadets are not permitted to operate Club Power Boats unless supervised by an adult.
1) The Start Box(s) and equipment will be managed by the Club Bosun. The Bosun will allocate a minimum number of keys on a 'needs' basis.
2) The Oreston Start Box is for the management and control of sailing, and for the storage of Club sailing and rescue equipment. Private equipment MUST NOT be left in the Start Box without prior arrangement.
1) Plym Yacht Club has a limited number of sailing dinghies that may be hired to members under the conditions set out in the ‘PLYM YACHT CLUB YOUTH SAILING MANUAL.’
2) In particular, dinghies will be covered by the Club insurance for Club organized sailing events only. Members wishing to use Club dinghies for recreation at other times MUST provide insurance cover.
Updated February 2010
Next Review February 2011
PLYM YACHT CLUB YOUTH SAILING POLICY